Friday, December 26, 2008

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!


I was struck by something this morning. I am very thankful that we, as Orthodox Christians, have 12 days of feasting and celebrating ahead of us! After the 40 day fast, we just can't celebrate Christ's birth for one day. This morning I had to take my 3 to an early morning doctor's visit (Youngest has a double ear infection). A local Christian radio station has played 'round the clock Christmas music since Thanksgiving. We have kept our car radio on this station. When I turned on the car this morning I was jolted out of my "Christmas high" with a regular old song coming out of the speakers. How quickly we forget!


This year we started a new tradition of a 52 day Jesse Tree during our Advent prayers every night. I am so glad that these ornaments go through January 6th. We are heading down to Disney World with my family tomorrow, and our Jesse Tree is going with us. We're not ready to stop celebrating yet! Here's wishing you another 11 days of joyfully celebrating Christ's birth!


Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

1 comment:

Pres. Kathy said...

Have a wonderful trip! Merry Christmas!